Health Benefits of Starflower Oil - Starflower Oil Benefits
Starflower oil offers a lot in terms of health benefits. Known as an anti-inflammatory essential oil, starflower oil is rich in
gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) that has anti-inflammatory properties needed for maintenance of overall health. Over the years, people from various
parts of the world use starflower oil to cure a myriad of health problems. Recent studies, in fact, have supported the claims regarding the
health benefits of this miracle oil.
Here are some of the many health conditions that can be relieved with the help of starflower oil.
- Skin problems - Using starflower oil can provide relief to a number of skin conditions such as eczema, skin inflammation, skin dryness,
skin itching, and other inflammatory skin disorders. It can also help reduce skin lesions on infants.
- Prostate cancer - According to several studies, starflower oil can help prevent particular types of cancer such as prostate cancer.
Starflower oil works by keeping the tumor from growing.
- Nerve damage - Starflower oil aids in transmitting nerve impulses throughout the body. Thus, it helps keep nerve damage at bay.
Additionally, starflower oil helps maintain healthy functioning of the brain.
- Heart diseases - Since it promotes good blood circulation, starflower oil helps maintain a healthy heart and lower blood pressure. It
also aids in controlling cholesterol levels in the body and preventing cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries.
- Joint disorders - Starflower oil provides relief from swelling and pain in the joints. Specifically, the oil can help solve joint
problems such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Female medical problems - Herbal supplements and other products that contain starflower oil are popular nowadays as a cure for a wide
range of female health conditions, particularly symptoms of menopause and PMS (premenstrual syndrome). Starflower oil can lessen the impact
of symptoms such as menstrual cramps, breast tenderness, mood swings, and hot flashes.